Holiday Decorating Ideas That Give Your Home an Inviting and Festive Look That Everyone Will Admire
With these simple and inexpensive Holiday decorating ideas your home will reflect the joy, the magic, and the true meaning of this holiday -
With a little effort your home will look so festive for Christmas that everyone who sees it will praise you for it!
1) Let every room in your home feel Christmasy, even if its just a small reminder.
For example a bathroom towel with a Christmas applique, or a pine scented candle in the bedroom, or a pointsettia potholder in the kitchen.
Each Christmasy room your kids and husband enter will show them how much you care
about them. That you used these Holiday decorating ideas to make their home a warm and special
place for Christmas.
TIP: One of the best Holiday decorating ideas that will make you seem like a professional decorator is to
coordinate your Christmas decorating colors with the colors of your rooms. If your rooms
are neutral colors (white, beiges, tan) then deocrate with reds and greens for a traditional
Christmas feel or...
for an elegant Venetian Christmas look use golds, bronzes, muted greens and shades
If your walls are a deep, cool color (like blues or purples) then use colors like
white, silver and shades of blue for a wintry Christmas feel.
When you're thinking about what colors to use, consider the items you will use to decorate.
Ribbons, ornaments,lights, pillows, throws, runners, tablecloths, centerpieces, candles, flowers, even the
wrapping paper for gifts under the tree!
2) With a pretty ribbon, hang some sparkly ornaments in uncommon places that reflect light. Like a kitchen window, or hang from the arms of a chanderlier or use as a pull for a light fixture.
3) Here's some great, inexpensively Holiday decorating ideas to make some gorgeous Christmas centerpieces using clear cylinders, vases, or bowls and filling them with any of the following or a combination of them:
- crabapples, red or green apples
4) Using wired Christmas ribbon, make large bows to hang from light sconces or fixtures,
or hang from the bottom tip of chanderlier. Let the ribbon hang long till it reaches the table
5) Gather fresh evergreen leaves from the yard (like holly or ivy, or even small fir
branches) and wrap them into the arms, top and bottom of your chanderlier or light fixture.
6) Change the shades on your chandelier. Make Christmas shades by purchasing inexpensive
white shade and stenciling a Christmas motif on them with fabric paints. You can stencil
a green tree, or wreath, or a red star, or holly leaves. Get creative.
7) Hang clear glass ornaments from varying lenghts of festive ribbons in front of a
prominent window. It reflects the lights beautifully!
8) Hang fresh wreaths with a wide red ribbon from windows. You can use battery operated
lighted wreaths for a brilliant effect in the evening too.
9) Make your fireplace a focal place. Lay a lighted evergreen garland on top of the
mantel. Place tall pillar candles on either end of the mantel. Decorate the garland
with large ornaments, pine cones, red berries, large silk poinsetta flowers... Of course
you can hang the families stockings from the mantel too.
10) Use string lights to lighten up dark places. Frame the windows or doorway with them.
Wrap the lights around evergreen rope and string it all the way up the bannister of your staircase.
Using battery operated lights
lets you put the lights wherever you want without having to use
extension cords all over the place.
And don't forget the outside of your home!
I know most people think its the man's job -
Well I was a single mom for many years and my kids would have been so disappointed if
we didn't put out some
Christmas lawn ornaments.
For simple Holiday decorating ideas for outdoors start with
Solar Powered Christmas lights
Battery operated lights .
Work from home with a World-Class
* Replace/Supplement Your Income
I did it!
So Can YOU!